ABOUT THE BOSTON KINGS
The Boston Kings offer year-round Elite Travel Teams in grades 3rd through 12th, Cross-Field Development Juniors Program for K-2nd grade, College Recruiting Prospect Days, Camps, Clinics, Positional Skills training, goalie training, face-off training and Tournaments.
The Boston Kings Elite Travel Teams are some of the strongest teams in New England and compete at the highest level tournaments in New England and the Mid-Atlantic region. Elite Lacrosse in a Team Environment is core to the Boston Kings philosophy.
Tryouts for the Boston Kings 2019/20 Season will take place in late July 2019. Subscribe to our list to be the first to know when tryouts are announced.
As a part of the annual program, each Boston Kings player, under the guidance of our elite coaching staff, will participate in:
- Fall Tournaments, plus the Boston Kings Columbus Day Clash.
- Fall practices & skills sessions
- December Advanced Training Session ($ Invite-only)
- Numerous Winter Training Sessions in Hanover, Cohasset, Plymouth & in the different Kings Regions, with discounted rates on all Kings Lacrosse Programs
- Premier Lacrosse League spring league play ($ Invite-only)
- Summer Tournaments
- Summer Mini-Camp
- Summer Practices & skills
Dave Quinn, pictured above, is our Director of Curriculum and 2024 grade director. To learn more about our coaches, click link below.
We pride our program in having the highest quality coaches that are the top teachers of the game in the area. In all of our regions, our coaching staff represents the top coaches in the area, all with tremendous experience on the field both as players and coaches.
OUR COACHES AS COACHES:
- 11 Current local high school coaches with a combined 1000+ varsity wins
- 12 league/state coach of the year awards.
- 1 All-time MA State record holder for Varsity wins (John Todd, 406+)
- 1 US Lacrosse Coach of the Year (James Beaudoin – Cohasset High)
- 3 MIAA Champions and 3 MIAA runner-ups
- 8 coaches with college, professional, and/or international coaching experience.
- 1 Major League Lacrosse Coach of the Year (Bill Daye)
OUR COACHES AS PLAYERS
- Every one of our coaches played college lacrosse.
- 8 College All Americans and 10 High School All Americans
- 3 NCAA National Champions
- 5 coaches with professional playing experience and (2) Team USA players, 3 Team Ireland players.
- 7 MLL All-Star selections
- 1 NCAA Hall of Fame player and (5) high school Hall of Fame players.
BOSTON KINGS NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
Boston Kings Academy Winter Registration is OPEN
To All Boston Kings, Cape Kings, and Aces Families: We have exciting news! The Boston Kings, Cape Kings, and Aces
CALENDAR AND COMMITMENT: The links below will bring you to our upcoming youth and high school calendars. Certainly still subject
WHY THE BOSTON KINGS?!?
2019-2020 PROGRAM OFFERINGS:
Click on the tabs below to see how we arrange our offerings to suit the developmental priorities of each level. TRYOUT INFORMATION BELOW.
Player development is the goal, but not every club approaches it, or prioritizes it, in the same way. The Boston Kings have been a development first organization since our inception more than 10 years ago, and our focus has always been on the “distance traveled” by a player throughout a season, a year, and his entire youth lacrosse experience.
The arc is not the same for every player, but one thing we have come to understand is there are certainly different phases of development. With this in mind, The Boston Kings have modeled their program to reflect the priorities of each phase and maximize the development impact and overall enjoyment for each and every Boston Kings Player.
ABOUT SCOOPS LACROSSE
PreK-2nd Grade *
Early Introduction: OPEN TO ALL
Focus is to familiarize players with the sport, teach foundational skills, build confidence, and above all else have a blast.
*Multiple sessions and locations*
*Advanced 2nd graders welcome to move up to Kings Academy*
Boston Kings have partnered with Scoops Lacrosse to provide our Kings players and families with the best junior program out there!
Working with youngest laxers is the focus of Matt Belson and his Scoops program, and nobody does it better! So, The Boston Kings have entrusted our junior program to them!
Scoops offers a multitude of sessions around the south shore, so it will be easy to find one that is convenient to you.
CLICK HERE to go to Scoops site – And, we will see you when you graduate to our Boston Kings Academy!
ABOUT THE BOSTON KINGS ACADEMY PROGRAM AND ACADEMY TEAMS
The Boston Kings Academy is a OPEN development program that incorporates skills, small ball, and jamborees for all; while also allowing top players to advance to our Academy Tournament Teams.
Focus is to dive head first into individual skill development, while adding in small ball and situational play.
Program is offered seasonally, but savings for those that register for year.
Program is offered seasonally, with separate registrations for each season.
- FALL: $195 (including uniform)
- 4 Monday Evening Skills Sessions. 6:30-7:30pm at Norwell High School on 9/30, 10/7, 10/21, & 10/28
- 3 Wednesday Evening Indoor sessions. Likely 5-6pm at Cohasset Indoor on 11/6, 13, and 20.
- Top players Could be invited to fall tournament team – If invited, it will be a small tournament fee to participate.
- WINTER: $300 (not including uniform) –Registration open in Sept
- 18 Skills – Same field and drills as our 2028 team skills. Nights and times TBD
SPRING: Nothing in Spring – Enjoy your town lax!
- Invite only tournament team(s)
- Teamcamp, 4 practices, 2 tournaments
** Program Open To Advanced 2nd Graders; all 3rd Graders; and 4th graders not interested (or able to) play with Boston Kings club teams.
**Advanced academy players can be invited to our fall and summer tournament teams.
Under the direction of Chris McGuirk (Boston Kings) and Matt Belson (Scoops), our Academy is the perfect transition from juniors to our Elite Youth Club Teams.
This is an open program heavy on skills and small ball. The kids get great coaching and high reps in an environment that stresses equal measures of intensity and fun.
ABOUT THE BOSTON KINGS ELITE TRAVEL TEAMS
Full year, all-inclusive individual skills, team training, and tournament team program. Focus is building complete lacrosse players and teammates.
FALL BALL: The fall season runs from late Sept thru Mid November. We keep it as flexible as possible and don’t expect 100% participation given the busy fall sports schedules.
- Fall ball practices:
- 4 Sunday or Monday Evenings on south shore (Boston Kings)
- 4 Sunday or Monday Evenings on Cape/Plymouth Area (Cape Kings – open to Boston Kings)
- 2 Tournaments
- Pick from 4 tournament dates in Oct and Nov (all 1-day tournaments)
WINTER SKILLS: Winter Skills are the most important “season” as it relates to the skill development of a youth and high school player. We offer over 40 individual training options in the south shore area (from Braintree to Brewster and beyond) and all Kings players are ecouraged to attend as many as they work in around the busy winter sports schedules.
- Robust winter weeknight skills and small ball (40+ locally): You pick what you can make!
- Exact Schedule subject to change but here is the plan –
- Mondays at The U in Hanover, Tuesday’s in Plymouth, Wednesday at Cohasset Indoor, Thursday’s at The Thaye indoor sports complex in Braintree (New! Details TBD), and Sunday mornings in Plymouth
SPRING: The Boston Kings play in the top club league in New England, The PLL. Spring 2019 our NINE Boston Kings teams won 75% of our games and had EIGHT teams make their division’s championship game (4 won it)!
- Claddagh Games Indoor Small Ball Jamboree (Mid March)
- Elite Spring League (PLL)* (invite only)- Top League in New England! – No conflict with town lacrosse
- For the Spring PLL league, we will field a max of 2 teams/grade (AA and A), and those teams will be filled by invite. The PLL is now the premiere spring league in New England, and we need to ensure that our Kings players who participate are our top players in terms of ability and (maybe more importantly) commitment.
SUMMER: Summer tournament season runs from mid-June thru Mid July. Consists of Teamcamp, practices and 3 tournaments (2 tournaments for 2029’s)
- Full Summer Tournament Season:
- Teamcamp – One-day local teamcamp on a Saturday in Mid June (usually day before father’s day)
- Practices – 4 local weeknight summer team practices spread throughout the 4-week tournament season.
- Tournaments – Final tournament selection, dates, and details released in February.
Hustle, Effort, Energy, Teamwork, Respect, Discipline
These are core values at Kings Lacrosse. Kings Lacrosse ranks as one of the premier lacrosse clubs and training/instructional programs in the country.
Our Kings players participate in Fall Skills, Fall Tournaments, as well as the Fall Kings Clash. Kings Lacrosse allows our players to participate in over 50+ skills sessions during the winter season, including position specific training for Goalies and Face-offs. Winter Skills are offered at multiple locations including: Cohasset, Hanover, Wilbraham, Plymouth, Taunton and Franklin. During the spring season, our Club Teams play in the exclusive Premier Lacrosse League, the Top Spring League in New England. The Spring & Summer season for our Kings players offers team camp, multiple practices as well as 3 or 4 tournaments.
Our Kings Coaches are passionate teachers of the game. Our coaching staff includes College All-Americans, Team USA Members, Professional Indoor and Outdoor Players, Hall-of-Fame Members, as well as the winningest Coach in Massachusetts History.
2019/20 TRYOUT INFORMATION
YOUTH TRYOUTS : 2024-2029
LOCATION: Norwell Clipper Community Complex
- Wednesday Night, July 17
- 5:00-6:00 : 2029, 2028, & 2027
- 6:15-7:15 : 2026
- 7:30-8:30: 2025
- 8:30-9:30: 2024
- Wednesday Night, July 24
- 5:00-6:00 : 2029, 2028, & 2027
- 6:15-7:15 : 2026
- 7:30-8:30: 2025
- 8:30-9:30: 2024
- Wednesday Night, July 17
HIGH SCHOOL TRYOUTS : 2021-2023
- Saturday afternoon, July 27 (time TBD)
- Kings tryouts are a mix of skills, small-ball, and full field scrimmage.
- Tryout pinnies are included. Yours to keep after tryouts.
- At a minimum, you must be registered for tryouts to be eligible to make a Boston Kings team.
- Returning Boston Kings and new players looking to join the club attend both tryouts together (we don’t have a separate “open” tryout).
- Players are encouraged to attend both tryouts, but it is not required.
- If you are a returning Boston King and can not attend either of our Boston Kings tryouts, you are still eligible for selection (as long as you are registered).
- If you are a new player to the Boston Kings, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements (you can attend our Cape or Central Kings tryouts to be seen there).
Our Kings High School program is focused on giving our players everything they need to reach their potential as high school varsity athletes, and helping them in every way we can to reach their goal of playing college lacrosse.
From a player development standpoint: We prioritize skill development, strength and fitness training, and building a team-first mentality with everything we do.
From a college recruitment standpoint: We also have a some great resources and tools for our players and families to best present themselves and communicate with college coaches (Hudl, Sportsrecruits, player profiles, etc). And we have great team of coaches who will work with all our players and families to help find the best college fit and proactively promote all our players to the college programs they want to play at.
More Skills and Intensity
- 4 Fall Kings Practices (Sundays)
- 4 Fall Combines at Lincoln Sudbury with Foundations, and New Hampshire Tomahawks
- 1 Fall Tournament (included in tuition)
- Over 50 local winter skills
- Claddagh Games Joint Smallball Jamboree in Plymouth in March
- Full summer tournament schedule (team camp, practices, 3 tournaments)
Showcase Events and Recruiting Support
- Columbus Day Clash, Oct 8th – Included in tuition!
- Recruiting showcase (30+ New England Colleges represented)
- Exclusive invite to New England Lacrosse Showcase camp (Lincoln Sudbury, Mid-June)
- 8th and 9th grade only- Invite only – 75+ college coaches in attendance
- Teams playing in top national showcase tournaments. Including LI Lax Fest (fall), Sweetlax Invitational (summer), Farm Valley Invitational (summer), Etc…
- All high school games filmed
Boost Lacrosse Fitness Partnership
- Boost Lacrosse is the premier lacrosse fitness training outfit on the south shore. All Varsity Prep players will have discounted pricing and special offers/opportunities to work out with Coach Murphy and his top trainers.
Training Partnership With Foundations Lacrosse
- NEW partnership with Foundations Lacrosse! Foundations is a top club operating out of the metro west area. They are loaded with amazing coaches and trainers (10+ college all americans on staff!) and they are completely in sync with our methodologies and lacrosse development philosophies.
- We will have cooperative training combines with Foundations in the fall and winter, and we will be “sharing” players where applicable for fall and summer tournaments (9th grade and up).
Our High school program is run by Brian Fitzgibbons.